- Site fee includes first two adults.
- Maximum people per site is 6, including infants.
· A camping permit is granted for a maximum of 30 days. Failing to comply with permit conditions may result in the booking being terminated.
· Unpowered tent sites are to be no bigger than 6m X 6m with strictly one vehicle per site. A maximum of six people are permitted per site, this is to include all children and infants.
- Under 18's must be accompanied by a responsible adult (see Clause on Unaccompanied Minors below).
- All fees and charges are in Australian dollars, and are subject to change without notice.
- Bookings paid in full, and confirmed as accurate, will not incur new fees and charges increases at time of stay.
- Cabins have linen provided except for tea towels, bath towels & beach towels.
- Cabin minimum stay: Off Peak Periods - two nights for stays commencing Friday & Saturdays, otherwise one night (one night supplement applies) Peak Periods - two nights.
- Tent hire is subject to a security deposit, which is refunded on return of equipment in good working order.
- A discount is available to school groups, and for educational excursions in off peak only. Please click HERE to enquire.
Peak periods cover all Queensland school holidays. Dates change annually.
Payment of site fees
You must pay the full booking amount at the time of booking to secure your site or cabin.
Changes to Bookings
Any changes to your booking will incur a $20 administration fee, unless there is a price increase.
Bookings may be altered subject to availability, and by giving 14 days notice. If you have booked within 14 days of your arrival, 24 hours notice will need to be given to make any changes. You may change your booking to another date by contacting our Reservations Centre on 07-3409-9668. An administration fee of $20 is charged per site each time you make a change to your booking.
Changes that result in an increase in camping fees do not incur a $20 administration fee.
You may change a booking to decrease the number of nights by giving 14 days notice; however if you do so you will not be entitled to a refund. You will receive a credit for the balance, less a $20 administration fee. Any balance of fees will be held in credit for use within 12 months from the date of change.
If you do not give 14 days notice, or 24 hours if booked within 14 days of your stay, we will not be able to make changes to your booking, or offer a credit.
We do not offer a credit or a refund for any unused nights, or If you depart your campsite before your booked departure date.
You may cancel your booking by doing so at least 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival date or 24 hours before your arrival if booked within 14 days of your stay. Regardless of your initial method of payment, you will not be entitled to a refund, but will be issued a credit for the balance of any unused stay, less a $20 administration fee. Any balance of fees will be held in credit for use within 12 months from the date of cancellation. Should you not use your credit by the end of the 12 month period, it will be forfeited to Straddie Camping.
You may cancel your booking by contacting our Booking Centre on 07-3409-9668. If you do not give 14 days notice to cancel your booking, we are not able to offer a credit.
We do not offer a credit or a refund for any unused nights, or If you depart your campsite before your booked departure date.
Request to extend camping
A request to extend camping made immediately before or during your stay will be considered where possible.
You may request to extend your booking by contacting our Reservations Centre on 07-3409-9668, or in person at one of our Camping Ground offices.
In the event that access to our Camping Grounds is prevented by weather extremes or emergency situations, or if facilities are closed for all or part of the camping permit period, we will at no additional cost, offer alternative camping for the unused balance of your stay, within the next 12 months from the first day of your booking. If the alternative is unavailable or unacceptable, we will refund the payment for the unused balance of your stay in full.
If you purchase camping on a third party website, or from a Booking Agent, any query regarding the purchase, or any refund request, must be referred to the website on which you made the purchase, or the Booking Agent who sold you the camping permit and/or accommodation.
In the unlikely event that Straddie Camping is unable to provide a site or cabin on the date listed on your confirmation documents, you will be offered an alternative site or cabin, or alternate dates. If no suitable arrangements for alternate accommodation or dates can be made, you may be offered a full or part refund in recognition of the change to your booking.
We will reject a claim for a refund based on circumstances outside of our control including:
. Unfavourable or unpleasant weather conditions before or during the camping or other activity.
. Personal decisions to change visit plans.
. Personal decisions to arrive some time after the permit start date or leave before the permit end date.
. The failure of a person or group to obtain a transport booking or the failure of their chosen transport to operate.
. Ill health or sickness not of a life-threatening nature.
Claims for Refunds
All claims must be made in writing either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the below address:
1 Junner Street (P.O. Box 160)
Dunwich, North Stradbroke Island
When a claim is made in writing and sent by post, the date of claim will be when the claim was received.
Campers who leave the Camp Grounds early, or do not arrive on their scheduled arrival day, will not be entitled to a refund or credit. Adverse weather is not a reason for either refund or credit. At the discretion of the Guest Services Manager, and on compassionate grounds only, customers may receive a credit to return in an off peak period. Such requests must be made in writing.
Booking confirmation and booking numbers
When you book & pay for camping on our website you will have your confirmation sent to you by email. In this email you will receive a booking number confirming that your camping has been booked and paid for. We will use this number to confirm your stay in our Camping Grounds, issue your Straddie Camping Tag and access cards.
You will need to bring a copy of the confirmation, or your booking number, with you to present at our Reservations Office on arrival on the island. At this time you will be issued with your Straddie Camping Tag, and access cards which will give you access to the Camping Grounds and the amenities blocks for the duration of your stay. The confirmation entitles you to a campsite or cabin for dates as printed on the confirmation. You should keep your booking number or confirmation email for the duration of your stay. It is your responsibility to keep this information safe. During your stay, you may be asked to produce a copy of your confirmation or asked for your booking number by an authorised member of Straddie Camping.
You will need to print out your tent tag and complete the relevant sections, or collect a tent tag from our reservations office, or one of our Campground offices on arrival on the island.
For reasons beyond our control, there is a slight chance that a site for which you have a confirmed reservation, may not be available when you check in. You will not be denied a site unless there is a valid reason, or we deem it to be unsuitable for safety reasons.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to provide a site or cabin on the date listed on your booking confirmation documents, you will be offered an alternative site or cabin, or alternate dates. If we are unable to make suitable arrangements for alternate accommodation or dates, you may be offered a full or part refund in recognition of the change to your booking. See the Refunds section above for full details.
Access Cards are valid for the duration of your stay, and will give you access through the boom gate at the entrance to the camping grounds, and to the amenities blocks. Without a valid access card you will not be able to access the boom gate, or the amenities blocks. Access cards will be issued to you when you check in at our Booking Centre or campground offices on arrival on the island. The Booking Centre is 200 metres up the hill to the left after you disembark from the ferry, diagonally opposite the Police station.
When you camp with Straddie Camping you are required to attach a valid camping tag to the outside of your tent, camper trailer or camping structure. Camping tags must be displayed so that they are easily visible to our staff at all times. Camping tags are only valid for the camping ground, site type, and dates for which they were purchased.
To obtain a camping tag you will need to print it out from the booking confirmation email that is sent to you, otherwise you will need to present your booking confirmation, or your booking number, at our Booking Centre on arrival on the island. The Booking Centre is 200 metres up the hill to the left after you disembark from the ferry, opposite the Police station.
>> Camping Tags and Access Cards are not automatically posted out to you.
If you have a confirmed booking, but don’t display a valid camping tag, you may be charged $15 for a replacement tag. Replacements of lost tags can be arranged by contacting Straddie Camping at email@example.com and providing proof of purchase.
Beach Camping - Caring for Country
For your own safety and for the conservation of our pristine environment we ask that you follow the below guidelines when camping on our beaches:
- Camping at Flinders Beach is in designated areas. Signs designate the entrance to each camping area. Camping areas on Main Beach commence seven (7) kilometres south of the causeway and camping is not permitted at Jumpinpin (the most southerly point of the Island).
- Camping is not permitted within 50m of streams or waterways.
- Use existing campsites. Choose a site where you will not need to dig a trench, flatten vegetation or break overhanging branches.
- Use the toilet facilities, where provided, but if camping in areas without toilet facilities, you must bury toilet waste in a 200mm deep hole at least 50m away from a waterway, campsite or frontal dunes. Do not empty chemical toilet into the composting toilets on Flinders Beach or Brown Lake, as this will kill the bacteria within the composting chambers, rendering them inoperative. Please use the chemical dumping station located at Flinders Beach amenities block at track 5.
- Take your rubbish home with you or dispose of at the designated waste disposal sites.
- After fishing, to avoid the attraction of flies and unpleasant smell, please deposit unwanted bait in the ocean (rather than in the waste bins) taking care to remove all plastic from the beaches. Fish frames should be buried, and this should be done in the inter-tidal zone only.
- Use fuel stoves for cooking wherever possible, not wood fires.
- Wood cooking fires are allowed on the condition that they are extinguished with water after use, however they are not permitted on the beach. Cooking fires must be attended at all times.
- If a wood cooking fire is necessary, always keep it small and where possible light fires where it is already cleared of vegetation, and on the site of a previous fire.
- Do not collect firewood from the beaches or dunes. Do not cut branches from trees for firewood. Firewood can be purchased from Dunwich or the mainland.
- Always observe fire bans. Extinguish all fires once cooking is complete.
- Bonfires are not permitted.
- Fireworks are not permitted.
- Chainsaws are not permitted.
Conditions of Entry
The camping grounds are located within the Minjerribah Recreation Area. Activities such as camping and driving on the beaches, are controlled by regulatory notices. Contravention of a requirement of a regulatory notice is an offence under the Recreation Areas Management Act 2006. Please familiarise yourself with the Recreation Area Management Act Regulation 2007.
An official receipt of payment is recognised as acceptance by all campers and their guests, of these regulations, and as an official permit to stay during its period of currency, unless it is made void sooner as a result of misconduct as described in the above Guidelines, or on regulatory signs.
Authorised Straddie Camping personnel regularly patrol the Camping Grounds and Beach Camping Areas and are able to evict campers or their guests if the camper or their guests have failed to perform or observe any of the obligations listed in the Guidelines, or contravene any requirements listed on regulatory notices. Verbal notice by the Straddie Camping authorised personnel is sufficient. In the case of an eviction, camping fees paid will not be refunded.
- All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult such as a parent, step-parent, guardian or other adult who has parental rights and responsibilities for the under 18 year old guest.
- If a guest is found to be a person under the age of 18 who is not accompanied by a responsible adult, Straddie Camping may immediately cancel the guest’s booking and the full booking amount will be forfeited to Straddie Camping under this clause.
Vehicle Access Permit Terms & Conditions
Vehicle Access Permits (VAP) have Terms & Conditions attached to their use. Please refer to these Terms & Conditions should you have any queries. Please note that you may purchase a Vehicle Access Permit for North Stradbroke Island beaches for a 4WD vehicle only. Unregistered vehicles, motorbikes, quad bikes and other motorised vehicles are not permitted and will not be sold a Permit.
If you sell your vehicle for which a Vehicle Access Permit was originally issued, or your windscreen is damaged, then you may be eligible for a replacement permit sticker. Please note however that replacement Vehicle Access Permit stickers will not be reissued if they are lost. If you lose your permit sticker you will need to purchase a new one.
To obtain a replacement Vehicle Access Permit sticker, you must remove the original permit sticker prior to selling your vehicle, or when windscreen damage occurs. A replacement Vehicle Access Permit can only be reissued if the original permit is returned to us. Replacements cannot be made on production of your receipt alone.
Please bring your old vehicle access permit to the Straddie Camping Booking Centre in Dunwich, where a replacement sticker will be reissued. There is a $6.60 fee for replacement permits. Replacement permits cannot be issued at our camping ground offices.
If the permit holder dies during the period of the permit and the family advises it does not intend using the balance of the permit period, the fee will be refunded on a pro rata basis. Alternatively, should the family wish to retain the permit for the balance of the permit period or seek another permit with a name change and/or different vehicle registration, another permit will be issued without charge. Once again the original sticker must be produced for us to issue a replacement sticker. Note: Documents such as a certificate or notice of death will be required and if necessary, the original permit should be returned to us.
Our quality commitment to you is to:
• Give you what you pay for
• Provide you with high-quality customer service
• Provide you with clean, easily accessible camping grounds
• Share your commitment to protecting the environment
• Keep you updated and provide you with options if things don't go to plan
• Respond quickly to any issues
If we, in your opinion, do not deliver on this commitment, we will take all necessary steps to remedy your problem as soon as possible. In the rare instance that we are unable to attend to your issue within a reasonable timeframe, you may choose to either:
• cancel the remainder of your stay and receive a credit for your unused nights, or
• stay on and get compensation for the difference in the service delivered and what you paid for.
By agreeing to our Terms & Conditions of stay, you acknowledge that you are responsible for any and all of your guests, and equipment that are bought into the Camping Grounds.
Straddie Camping may sometimes include third party products in packages we offer. As an agent on behalf of this product or service, Straddie Camping shall not be liable under any circumstances, for any failure by those service providers to fulfil such arrangements, nor for any error, alteration or change of any kind made by those service providers following the acceptance of the booking by them. All coupons, vouchers, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by those service providers.
Straddie Camping will provide services with reasonable care and skill. Straddie Camping, both for itself and on behalf of their employees or agents, do not accept any responsibility for any act, omission, default or neglect of themselves, their employees or agents for injury, damage, or loss to persons or goods whatsoever or however the same may be caused and they do not warrant and are in no way responsible for the accuracy of any information given in statements made by their service providers in terms of accommodation & service arrangements. By utilising the services provided by Straddie Camping, you agree that:
1) Straddie Camping shall not be liable for the wilful or negligent acts and/or omissions of such carriers and/or service providers.
2) Straddie Camping will not be liable for any accident, injury, delay, property damage or personal loss to you or those travelling with you in connection with any accommodation, transportation, or other travel services resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, defects in vehicles, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the evacuation plan for your Camping Ground in case of an emergency. A copy of the evacuation plan is located in the amenities blocks, cabins and offices of each camping ground for your reference.
In case of emergency, please remain calm and follow instruction from staff. For after hours emergencies, please call emergency services (FIRE, POLICE or AMBULANCE) on 000. The number for the local police is (07) 3409 6020.
Straddie Camping Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of, or the representations made by, the content of this website. Furthermore, Straddie Camping takes no responsibility for the content of any World Wide Web site that links from this website.
This website contains information provided by third parties and suppliers. You should be aware that there may be technical inaccuracies, typographical errors, programming bugs or computer viruses in this website or its content.
Access to this web site is provided on the condition that:
(i) To the full extent permitted by law, Straddie Camping will be under no liability to any person in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly from or in connection with any use of this website or of the information on or accessed through this website for whatever reason (including negligence).
(ii) Where any statute implies any term in relation to your use of this website and that statute prohibits any exclusion or modification of that term, then that term is included. However, the liability of Straddie Camping for breach of any such term will be limited to negotiating on behalf of the customer with Straddie Camping and suppliers.
Any information contained within this site about any subject matter whosoever is of a general nature only and is not intended to be complete or definitive. You should obtain professional advice before taking any action in relation to any matter referred to on this site.